Professional Ground Veal Recipes
By Tracey Bloom
2 cups of olive oil
30# of grain-fed ground veal
2# of ground pancetta
2#ground chicken livers
1.5T of chili flake
12 ea cloves of garlic, sliced thin
10 ea celery, sm dice
10 ea carrot, sm dice
10 ea onions, sm dice
6 ou of dry porcini mushrooms, leave whole
3.5 cups of tomato paste
3.75 Gallons of Roasted Chicken stock
- Warm 2 cups of olive oil, add ground veal, pancetta and livers.
Heat high then add salt and chili flake.
- Heat till meat is brown, lower heat and add butter, stir a lot
Stir for 20 min to get a nice rich color, making a brown
Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic and porcini, sweat 15 min.
Add tomatoe paste, cook 5 min
- add 10 cups of stock, cook almost gone, repeat 2 more times.
Add the remaining stock, simmer for 2 hours
Note: when serving use fresh pasta if possible
when reheating veal bolognese for every 6 ou serving heat with
1ou of tomato sauce and 1ou of heavy cream
Note: this is absolutely delicous...
Five Pepper Veal Manicotti with Spicy Basil Tomato Cream Sauce
By Debbie Spangler from Yummy~issimo! Personal Chef Service
1T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1T garlic, minced
2T AP flour
1 1/2c Italian tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
2c veal stock - or chicken stock, heated
1T tomato paste
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1/4t cayenne, more or less to taste
1/4t white pepper
2T basil, fresh, chopped
- Heat olive oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add diced tomatoes and then slowly add veal stock, whisking constantly. Add tomato paste, salt, red pepper flakes,
- cayenne and white pepper.
- Simmer and reduce until sauce becomes slightly thickened. Whisk in cream and finish with fresh basil.
- The pan drippings make an excellent gravy, but store bought works well too if you feel you need it.
Five Pepper Veal Manicotti:
- 12 manicotti noodles
- 2T olive oil
- 1 pound grain-fed veal, ground
- 1/4c Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2T red bell pepper, diced
- 2T green bell pepper, diced
- 2T garlic, minced
- 1T basil, fresh, chopped
- 1t oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1/8t salt
- 2 pinch white pepper
- 2 pinch ancho chili pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 pinch lemon pepper
- 1c dry white wine
- 8oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1c Parmesan cheese, grated, divided use
- 1 large egg
- 1/4c flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4c Italian tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare Spicy Basil Tomato Cream Sauce and set aside. Cook manicotti noodles until al dente,
- drain and plunge into ice bath. Drain and set aside until needed.
In sauté pan, heat oil and brown grainfed veal. Drain off excess fat. Add mushrooms, onions, red and green bell peppers, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and 5 peppers. Cook 10 minutes until vegetables are soft and flavors have mingled.Add white wine and simmer 30 minutes.
Remove from heat, season to taste with additional salt and pepper as necessary. Let cool.
Mix together ricotta, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the Parmesan and egg in large bowl. Add cooled veal mixture and mix well. Portion veal mixture into 12 equal balls using a level #12 scoop (approximately 1/4c balls).
Slit manicotti noodles lengthwise then stuff with the veal mixture making sure to evenly distribute the stuffing over the entire length of the noodle. Place stuffed manicottis, seam side down, in baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour 2c Spicy Tomato Basil Cream Sauce over noodles, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and diced tomatoes.
Bake 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Pancetta Wrapped Veal Roulade with Maytag Bleu Cheese
By Alexander Sapp from Chattahoochee River Club in Columbus, GA
For the Veal:
1 5 oz portion of veal (strip steak or top round)
2 oz ground veal
3 or 4 oz thin sliced Pancetta ham (setting 5 on slicer)
1/2 cup capers
.5 oz maytag bleu cheese
- Combine ground veal with blue cheese and capers season with a
little salt and pepper
pound out the 5 oz portion
- of veal nice and thin.
- Spread out the grond veal mix on top of the veal cuttlet and then roll it up and refigerate if needed
- lay down plastic wrap and over lay the thin sliced pancetta (like shingles, lay the veal roulade over them then wrap the
- whole thing up
and chill till needed.
- Pan roast in oven at 350 for 15 min untill center is done and pancetta is nice and crispy.
Gingered Orange-Veal Poyarsky
By John J. Schweiger from sexyfoodshow in Van Nuys, CA 91406
For two servings:
12 oz ground grain fed veal
1 & half oranges
1 tabelspoon breadcrums
pinch of ginger
salt-peper to taiste
2 tabelspoon olive oil
- File the 1 & half oranges and cut the fillets to small pices,mixe the ground grain fed veal with the orange pices and chill
- it in a covered dish.You are marinating the Veal! (less light better appariance)
- After 1-2 hours marination add the breadcrums, ginger,salt and peper.
- Shape it too a Cutlett shape approxometly 1/2" thick
- Heat the pan add olive oil and seal both side on medium heat, put it in preaheated oven(325-350) for twelve minutes
- Serve it with mashed potatoes and fruit salsa
- Picture of the dish will be send next week
- Thank you
- Chef John
Diabetic Lime-Lemon-Veal Chop (Shaped Ground Grain-Fed Veal)
By Agnes R. Schweiger from Bongyory Restaurant (formerly) in Van Nuys, CA
For two servings:
12 oz ground grain fed veal
1 lemon juice
1 egg WHITE
2 cloves smashed garlic
some chopped dill
salt-to low taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fillet the 1 lime and cut the fillets to small pieces, mix the ground grain fed veal with the lime pieces add the lemon juice,
- egg white and, smashed garlic and the chopped dill (for diabetic flavor), Chill it in a covered dish. Now you are marinating
- the Veal! (less light better appearance)
- After 1-2 hours marinating.
- Shape it too four Cutlets shape approximately 1/2" thick
- Heat the pan add olive oil and seal both side on medium heat, put it in preheated Owen (325-350) for fifteen minutes
- Serve it with mashed celery and cucumber salad
Vietnamese Le Quebecois Grain-Fed Veal Meatballs
By Patterson Watkins from Children's Hosp. of Philadelphia, catering in Philadelphia, PA
6.5lb. Le Quebecois Grain Fed Veal, ground (select cubes)
1c. Scallions,thinly sliced
3 tbsp. Garlic, minced
4 tsp. Granulated Sugar
¼ c. Fish Sauce
¼ c. Soy Sauce
1c. Panko Crumbs
½ tbsp. Chinese 5 spice
1 tbsp Pepper Flakes
15 cleaned stalks of lemongrass, cut in half
2 tbsp. Coarse sea salt
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix together until incorporated. Roll meatball mix into 3.5 oz ovals and
- form about 1/2 inch from the tip of the lemongrass stalk (leaving around 3-4 inches at the end of the stalk) and
- arrange evenly on a preheated, well oiled grill. Grill on each side (flipping once) until internal temperature of
- meatballs reach 145. Allow to rest before transferring to a platter. Sprinkle each with a little bit of sea salt and serve.
Grain-Fed Veal Loin Burger
By Ben Diaz, MCFE from HotCuisineINC. in LA Co., Ca
2 # Veal Loin, Ground
3 Tbsp. Lemon grass
3 Tbsp. Cilantro
2 oz. Soy sauce
2 oz. Teriyaki sauce
2 oz. Balsamic
2 Tbsp. Molasses
3 Tbsp. Parsley
6 oz. Panko
4 ea. Eggs
2 Tbsp. Roasted garlic
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Cumin
TT Salt/ Pepper
3 oz. Crimini Mushrooms
2 oz. Basil Aioli
2 ea. Slices Ile De France Brie
- place ground veal into a medium size mixing bowl. Add the lemongrass, cilantro, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, balsamic,
- molasses and parsley. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly incorporated, as soon as all the liquid is absorbed
- by the veal, know add the panko, eggs, roasted garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix until you get a uniform
- product, portion out into 7oz. Patties. In a saute pan add the veal patty and slowly cook for 3 to 4 min. on each side and
- top with sautéed crimini mushrooms, Ile De France Brie and Basil Aioli.
Ground Veal Shoulder Wrapped in Proscuitto with Fennel Puree
By Chef Nathan McGrath AKA..Grease from Bedrock Cafe Scottsdale, AZ
24 oz Ground Veal Shoulder
1 each Caramelized Onion,
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
1/2 TSP Thyme, Chopped
1/2 TSP Basil, Chopped
1/2 TSP Parsley, Chopped
1/2 TSP Chives, Chopped
1 each Egg, Beaten
2 TBL Sun dried Tomato, Diced
1/2 TSP Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
18 Slices Prosciutto, Thin Sliced
- 5 oz Fennel, Chopped
- 5 oz Potato, Medium Dice, Peeled
- 1 TSP Garlic
- 1 TSP Shallots
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 TBL Mascarpone
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- 1 TSP Butter
- As Needed Oil
- 1. In an electric mixed with paddle attachment, blend the ground veal with the remaining ingredients except the
- prosciutto. Make sure to incorporate all the ingredients well. Allow to rest in the cooler for at least two hours.
- 2. Shingle out the prosciutto over plastic wrap, overlapping each piece by 1/3. Place the meat mixture onto the shingles
- and roll into long tube like object. Roll as tight as possible. Heat a large sauté pan with a little oil Sear on all sides.
- Remove from pan and place onto baking sheet. Place into preheated oven at 450 F. Cook until internal temperature
- reaches 150 F. Remove from heat. Reserve
- 3. Heat 2 TBL of oil in heavy skillet. Add the garlic, shallots, and fennel, cook until translucent Add the potatoes and
- cover with milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until potatoes are soft. Strain off liquid and reserve.
- 4. In a high speed blender add the shallot fennel mixture with the mascarpone & butter, puree until smooth consistency
- add cooking liquid to mixture if necessary. Adjust with salt and pepper. Pass through a chinois. Reserve.
- 5. . Reheat the broccolini and season with salt and pepper. Slice the veal into 1 inch coins.
- 6. Assembly, Shingle out 3 slices of the prosciutto wrapped veal. Gently lay down fennel puree in an attractive manner.
- Place the broccolini offset over the veal. Drizzle the port reduction around the plate. ENJOY!!!